Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Opportunities...

I haven't posted in a few weeks, and the primary reason is that I've had my hands full since I'll be starting a new job on June 1st!

I'll be working as a TSR (Technical Support Representative) at a Help Desk. It's kinda low on the totem pole, but the pay is a step up from my current job (working for a large home and business alarm security company) and opens new opportunities for me in the IT industry.

Hopefully I'll have a little more time to work on my blog here.

I should give you a brief update on the last two postings about setting up a surveillance system.

I've set it up, but the webcam I have is, go figure, one of only a handful of models that are virtually impossible to convert to IR without risking damaging the CCD (image sensor) of the webcam. If I can find a cheap enough cam, I'll convert it and complete my how-to.

More importantly, I've got to finish my post on how to set up the home surveillance / motion detection system using your existing desktop and integrated laptop webcams.

Yike, a lot to do; I've been slacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment