Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cisco studies

Alright folks, it's time I returned to studying for my Cisco certifications. I've been studying networking technologies over the last year off and on... and over the last 6 months it's been more off than on.

If I can get my Cisco lab set back up, I'll post some IOS configuration stuff and the like. Hell, I probably just shouldn't even bother and instead just do it all through Dynamips/Dynagen. There's just something about the whir of a commercial-grade router that's hard to beat.

I'd like to give a brief shout-out to the regulars at the
[H]ard|Forum Networking & Security forum. I frequent the forum occasionally myself, usually sticking to handling questions about SOHO networking and wireless networks that are usually fielded by confused gamers and the like. Some of these guys are pretty friggin' smart though when it comes to networking. I spent a while on a project with many of them, called PeerIX. It was great motivation for my studies and I hope to get back involved in it again, if not something similar.

Anyhow, that's all for now. Today is our (Lynn and me) 3rd anniversary. Actually, we're not terribly certain, I asked her out in 2007 around midnight on April 15th... so it could actually be the 16th, which we're leaning towards because it at least it isn't tax day.

I'm going to spend the afternoon building our daughter a play house for the back yard, and then maybe I can take us out to dinner or something. Romantic, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment